Thursday 8 July 2010

THE JOURNEY INTO THE UNKNOWN (I HAVE ENTERED INTO MY REST)

The journey was long
I climbed the mountains
Fell between the valleys, hills, panes

Just when I thought the journey was over

I came across the sea

The sea breeze was calm, it was serene and I felt your presence
The gentleness of the ocean, whispered to me
And suddenly, the sea became angry

It roared so loudly I fell
Fell into the Dead Sea

I rose up and fought against the tide
Because you gave me power over all
But the sea was too powerful
It nearly took me away

Half way THRU
I fought
I cried
I struggled

I nearly gave them
And then I remembered
Half way through the journey
I remembered the popular verse
through many dangers toils and snares
I have already come
Taws grace that brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home


Your promises I remembered
As told to the prophet
should you pass thru the sea, I will be with you;
Or through rivers, they will not swallow you up


And I spoke peace to my soul
And I heard a voice
Commanding the storm
Peace be still
I looked around
No one
No not one
Just the voice
And suddenly
The same voice the winds and waves obey

i became weary,my bones ached
my soul tired
my spirit became weak

And suddenly i was lifted
Lifted above the seas and above the problems of life
Your grace saved me from the raging storm
You lifted me above all my problems…

Gently you lay me down away from harms way
You wrapped me in love tender mercies and loving kindness

your grace truly is sufficient for me
I have found peace, perfect peace

in this dark world of sin
Now I have entered into my rest

Safe and sound

Knowing you are just a whisper away and watching over me

IMMORTAL , INVISIBLE GOD ONLY WISE
In light inaccessible hid from our eyes
Most blessed most glorious the ancient of days
Almighty , victorious thy great name we praise
.

1 comment:

Bomi Jolly said...

Great reminders! And I loved the scripture references too... Thank you, stay blessed!

In Peace=),

Bomi