Friday 14 May 2010

in deeper reflection

man is a spirit , he has a soul and lives in a body

Just like the flame
So also are our lives
Here today
Gone tomorrow
Dust to dust
Ashes to ashes
The world mourns and weeps at my graveside

Heart and emotional words of eulogy they pour at my funeral
Even in death , my spirit sheds a tear or two
They say the final words
”God be with you till we meet again at Jesus feet”
And the farewell song as it fades

I fear no foe with thee at hand to bless
Ills have no weights, and tears no bitterness
Where is death’s string? Where, grave ,thy victory ?
I triumph still if thou abide with me



And I know that the only reminder of me in this sinful world
Are the memories we shared
And the engraved writings on my tomb
“here lies ----------------
A child of substance
Child of the Most High
A writer, reader, scholar
Hated by few
Loved my many
Respected by all


And then the voices fade
The footsteps becomes distant
All alone in the cold grave
All dark and eerie
And suddenly my spirit takes flight
As I begin the journey into the unknown

The unpublished works of the chronicles of a deeper reflection

From the archives of the mischievous imagination of a crazy baybay

No comments: